After a one-year absence in our Trout Stocking Program, we are pleased to be able to offer this service again this year.
Orders Due by May 10
Fish Pick-Up May 17
- There are two options for ordering fish:
- 6-8” fish must be order in quantities of 25 and are to be picked up at the Brattleboro Agway on Friday, May 17.
- 10-12” fish have a minimum order of 50 fish and will be delivered to your pond, mostly on pick-up date, but it may vary. Coordination is required with the District.
- Orders due by Friday, May 10th.
- 6-8″ Fish Pick-Up: Pick-up is in the Agway in Brattleboro parking lot between 1- 1:30 pm on Friday, May 17th.
- 10-12″Fish Delivery: Deliveries will be made to your pond in coordination with the supplier and the District. No set day or time can be made in advance, although they will try to deliver on May 17th. We will notify you on the day of anticipated delivery. Please include cell phone numbers (if available) so we can work together to make these deliveries in a timely manner.
Information for People New to Stocking Ponds (and good information for the rest of us too)
Is your pond ready for Fish?
Before stocking, check your pond for suitability for trout. Water depth should be at least 8 feet. (This can be measured with a weighted rope.) Your pond’s water should be clear (clear enough, for example, to see a white 10” diameter object at a depth of 6 feet or more.) And the bottom temperature in the summer shouldn’t exceed 68 degrees F. Rainbows can tolerate warmer water than brook trout.
Which Trout Should I Order?
While both Brook and Rainbow trout are great fish, for first-time stockers, Rainbow trout are recommended. Brook trout are more sensitive and need a cold, clear, deep pond that runs year-round. Rainbow trout are more temperature hardy and can deal with slightly murkier water than Brook trout.
Ordering Fish for Delivery to Your Pond
- You must order a minimum of 50 of the 10-12” fish to qualify for pond deliver.
- Delivery’s can be made in Windham County. If you are outside of Windham County, please talk to us to discuss.
- For deliveries, we need detailed information on where to deliver the fish. We need a good 911 address and information on how to get to the pond. Remember to flag the pond if you have more than one pond on your property. Please include a cell phone number (if possible) on your order form. Trout not delivered cannot be returned to the trout farm facility.
Picking Up Your Fish at the Brattleboro Agway Location
- Pick-up is between 1-1:30pm at the Brattleboro Agway near Exit 3.
- Trout will be forfeited if they are not picked up during the allotted time frame. Trout, once bagged cannot be returned to the fish tank.
- Fish can last up to two hours in the bag, so plan to bring the fish directly to the pond. Don’t plan to do any errands after picking up the fish.
- In case of an emergency and you can not get your fish, call the District Office at 802-254-5323 Ext. 104. We will check for messages that morning.
- Please make a copy of your order form so you know what you have ordered.