Thanks to everyone who ordered from the 2020 plant sale. We hope you are happy with your plants and have a great gardening season!
The trout sale pick up for those who ordered will be this Thursday (May 21) at the Achille Agway in Brattleboro from 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm.
Employment Opportunity Announcement:
Windham NRCD is hiring for our 2020 Summer Greeter Positions
Windham Conservation District manages greeter programs that work to prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species in Southern Vermont. Work outdoors and help protect Windham County’s natural resources:
- Temporary/Seasonal Position
- Start Date: June 12, with one paid online training required prior to first shift
- Last Date – September 7
- Locations: Windham NRCD manages programs at Harriman Reservoir, Somerset Reservoir and Lake Raponda
- Work schedules vary by location, but weekends and holidays are required
- Experience, knowledge, coursework or an interest in a career in a natural resource or education field (e.g., environmental sciences, environmental education, interpretation, education, natural resource policy, natural resource management, water resources, forestry, etc.) or other related field.
- Experience working with invasive species preferred but not required
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to work independently at a remote location
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel and similar web-based data entry applications daily
- Public speaking and public relations skills – greeters interact with hundreds of lake visitors each season
- Excellent communication skills by phone and email
- Work independently in a remote setting
- Greet visitors and boaters
- Educate the public about aquatic invasive species
- Inspect watercraft for invasive species
- Decontaminate watercraft as needed
- Keep detailed records on visitors and invasive species detections
- Daily data entry using personal computer
Download application from Windham NRCD website below. Email completed application and a resume or cover letter highlighting relevant skills and experiences to District Manager Cory Ross at email@example.com
The mission of the Windham County Natural Resources Conservation District (WCNRCD) is to advance conservation awareness to all citizens so that people understand and act on basic principles of rational use and care of Windham’s environment.
To ensure the wise use, protection and enhancement of Windham County’s farmland, woodland, water and related natural resources.
To Provide leadership for conservation issues in Windham County.
To learn about events from conservation organizations throughout Windham County, sign up for the Windham Conservation Events E-News.
Subscribe to the Windham Conservation Events E-Newsletter
*to learn more about submitting events to the
Windham Conservation E-News, click here
Images from the Nov. 14 Pasture Walk at Roselily Farm in Brattleboro, VT