Birding on the Farm Event Details – 10/6 event at Stonewall Farm
Join us for an exciting opportunity to bird on farms throughout our region! Learn new skills, and learn about wildlife conservation on the farm!
Participants will learn about farm habitat dynamics for birds, habitat management, wildlife conservation on the farm, as well as species identification from experienced bird guides.
- This workshop series is open to birders and enthusiasts of all skill levels!
- Participants should bring binoculars with them (extras may be available), and weather appropriate dress and boots for walking are recommended.
- Walking will include slow-paced off-path walks over relatively flat terrain with stops for discussion and observation!
- We will be meeting at Stonewall Farm’s parking lot on October 6th at 8:00AM on 242 Chesterfield Rd, Keene, NH 03431. We’ll wrap up by 10:00AM.
- To Register: http://birdingonfarm.eventbrite.com/
For questions or assistance in registration, contact [email protected] or (603)756-2988 x3012.
We will be catching fall migration and exploring several areas managed for vegetables, livestock and forage production. These are location adjacent to mixed wood systems, wetlands, and edge habitat, making for a diverse and exciting morning out!
Presented by Cheshire County Conservation District (CCCD), USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), Windham County Natural Resources Conservation District (Windham NRCD), and Stonewall Farm!