Windham NRCD is hiring for our 2022 Summer Greeter Positions
Windham Conservation District manages greeter programs that work to prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species in Southern Vermont. Work outdoors and help protect Windham County’s natural resources:
$16/Hour– NEW – Now Offering $20/Hour!
- Temporary/Seasonal Position (around 22 hours/week, depending on available program funding)
- Start Date: As Soon as Possible!
- Last Date – September 15 (end date is flexible)
- Locations: Windham NRCD manages programs at Somerset Reservoir, Harriman Reservoir and Lake Raponda
- Work schedules vary by location, but weekends and holidays are required – We are flexible and can work around your schedules!
- Experience, knowledge, coursework or an interest in a career in a natural resource or education field (e.g., environmental sciences, environmental education, interpretation, education, natural resource policy, natural resource management, water resources, forestry, etc.) or another related field preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with invasive species preferred but not required
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 18 years of age
- Must have vehicle or other means to reach work location each day
- Ability to work independently at a remote location
- Ability to use smartphone or tablet for data entry – we have tablets available for use if needed
- Public speaking and public relations skills – greeters interact with hundreds of lake visitors each season
- Excellent communication skills in person, by phone and over email
- Work independently in a remote setting
- Greet visitors and boaters
- Educate the public about aquatic invasive species
- Inspect watercraft for invasive species
- Decontaminate watercraft as needed
- Keep detailed records on visitors and invasive species detections
- Daily data entry using tablet or personal smartphone
Download application from Windham NRCD website here:
Email completed application and a resume or cover letter highlighting relevant skills and experiences to District Manager Cory Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re continuing to accept applications on a rolling basis – apply today!