We are no longer accepting advanced orders for the 2022 sale. However, we still have a large selection of plants available for same day purchase. Just stop by Green Mountain Orchards on Saturday, May 7 between 9 AM and 12 Noon to browse our selection. Payment accepted by cash or check only.
All pre-orders must be picked up from Green Mountain Orchards in Putney, Vermont on Saturday, May 7 between 9 AM and 12 Noon. If you have questions about our products, sale pick up, or if the Conservation District can be of assistance, please contact us.
PLEASE NOTE: We do NOT offer shipping. You must pick up your order in person at Green Mountain Orchards in Putney, Vermont on Saturday, May 7.
Join the WCNRCD and the Southeast Chapter of the University of Vermont Extension Master Gardeners for our annual plant sale this year at Green Mountain Orchards! We offer plants for their landscape value, conservation value, revegetation value, and food value, for ourselves, bird species and other wildlife. The best way to maximize your planting success is to match the right plant with the correct soil and light conditions. If you have any questions concerning type of soil, water needs or care for the listed species contact the Conservation District at email@example.com or by phone at: 802-689-3024. Please note: due to the Covid-19 situation, email is checked more regularly than phone.
- All nursery stock is bare root unless listed otherwise on the form. Trees and shrub stock are delivered in a dormant state; this prevents transport shock. Plants may appear brown and leafless but once planted will quickly produce green leaves and shoots. Bare root stock plants should be planted immediately.
- If there is a plant species that is not listed and you would like to obtain it, contact us early so every effort can be made to secure that variety for you.
- Herbaceous Perennials die down to ground level each autumn/winter and start to re-grow the following spring. They normally increase in size each year, because they will be re-starting life with a larger root system left over from the previous year. Most perennials are low maintenance. They require little more than basic care which includes fertilizing, mulching and a general overall grooming from time to time.
- Plant supplies are limited, and we will fill orders in the order they arrive. Last year we sold out of much of our inventory prior to pick-up day, so we recommend you order as soon as possible.
Orders will be taken until April 29th. Pick-up of stock will be from 9:00-12:00 on Saturday, May 7th at Green Mountain Orchards in Putney, VT. The District will not be responsible for stock once it is removed from the pick-up site and reserves the right to refund money for stock that becomes unavailable. No refunds will be made on any orders not picked up by the designated date.
- Please note on your calendar the date and time of pickup. Saturday, May 7th from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- We are happy to offer online ordering and payment again this year. Please visit Order Online to view our inventory and place an order online. You are welcome to:
- Place your order online and select “pay with check” and then mail us a check to complete your order. OR
- Place your order online and use a credit card or Paypal account to make payment and complete your order. OR
- Mail in your order form with a check payable to Windham NRCD.
- We recommend you make a copy of your order form for your records. Orders are not confirmed until we have received payment.
- The Online Ordering System is NOW AVAILABLE. You can access this here: Order Online
- The product descriptions and order form for ordering by mail is here:
The order form alone can be found here (for ease of printing):
New This Year – We’re excited to be partnering with the Southeast Chapter of the University of Vermont Extension Master Gardeners Association. This partnership will bring expert input into our sale planning process and provide customers with access to experts for questions about choosing, planting and maintaining plants.