The 2021 plant sale is underway! We are excited to be able to offer online ordering and payment options this year. We are also still happy to accept orders by mail with payment by check. To download the full product descriptions and order forms, click the links below the sold out list:
PLEASE NOTE: The following are now sold out (3/26/2021)
Sedum Autumn Fire
Red Osier Dogwood
Monarda Balmy Series Balmy Purple
Rudebeckia Hirta: Cherry Brandy
Liberty Apple Tree
Honeycrisp Apple Tree
Galarina Apple Tree
Red Haven Peach
Bristol Black Raspberry
Actea Simplex Pink Spike #1
Veronica Longifolia First Glory
Schizachyrium scoparium: Little Bluestem
Achillea Millefolium Saucy seduction
Echinacea Kismet: Intense Orange
Gaillardia Goblin (Kobold)
To download just the plant sale order form, click here:
To visit the online shop to browse products and place an order, click here: Order Online
PLEASE NOTE: We do NOT offer shipping. You must pick up your order in person at Green Mountain Orchards in Putney, Vermont on Saturday, May 8.
31st Annual Windham County Conservation District Plant Sale!
Saturday, May 8th, 2021
9:00am – 12:00pm
Pickup at Green Mountain Orchards in Putney, VT
Join the WCNRCD for our annual plant sale this year at Green Mountain Orchards! We offer plants for their landscape value, conservation value, revegetation value, and food value, for ourselves, bird species and other wildlife. The best way to maximize your planting success is to match the right plant with the correct soil and light conditions. If you have any questions concerning type of soil, water needs or care for the listed species contact the Conservation District at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: 802-689-3024. Please note: due to the Covid-19 situation, email is checked more regularly than phone.
- All nursery stock is bare root unless listed otherwise on the form. Trees and shrub stock are delivered in a dormant state; this prevents transport shock. Plants may appear brown and leafless but once planted will quickly produce green leaves and shoots. Bare root stock plants should be planted immediately.
- If there is a plant species that is not listed and you would like to obtain it, call the office early so every effort can be made to secure that variety for you.
- Herbaceous Perennials die down to ground level each autumn/winter and start to re-grow the following spring. They normally increase in size each year, because they will be re-starting life with a larger root system left over from the previous year. Most perennials are low maintenance. They require little more than basic care which includes fertilizing, mulching and a general overall grooming from time to time.
- Plant supplies are limited, and we will fill orders in the order they arrive. Last year we sold out of our entire inventory prior to pick-up day, so we recommend you order as soon as possible.
Orders will be taken until April 23rd. Pick-up of stock will be from 9:00-12:00 on Saturday, May 8th at Green Mountain Orchards in Putney, VT. The District will not be responsible for stock once it is removed from the pick-up site and reserves the right to refund money for stock that becomes unavailable. No refunds will be made on any orders not picked up by the designated date.
- Please note on your calendar the date and time of pickup. Saturday, May 8th from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- New this year – we are happy to now offer online ordering and payment. Please visit Order Online to place an order and make payment. You are welcome to:
- Place your order online and select “pay with check” and then mail us a check to complete your order. OR
- Place your order online and use a credit card or Paypal account to make payment and complete your order. OR
- Mail in your order form with a check payable to Windham NRCD, just like in past years.
- We recommend you make a copy of your order form for your records. Orders are not confirmed until we have received payment.